Felt may not be a fabric you’re used to wearing every day. But Kyrgyz nomads have been wearing felt for hundreds of years.
So we asked the experts – how do you care for your felt Woolenstocks?
Zhazgul, who designs and creates your Woolenstocks in her workshop in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, gives us her tips:
- We recommend dry cleaning your Woolenstocks with a brush.
- In special cases felt slippers can also be hand-washed. Please ensure you use soap in warm water – no higher than 35 °ะก. Otherwise, your slippers may significantly decrease in size under the influence of hot water or high mechanical pressure.
- Try to reshape your slippers while they are damp.
- Dry them in the shade to avoid discoloration from the sun.
- You may notice pellets on the surface of the slippers the first time you wear them. Once removed by hand, pellets will not appear again.